3.12.12

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

         
           The way Stephen Chbosky brings the characters to life in “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” makes them seem real.  They are fully thought out with their own unique voices, feelings, and personalities.  This was a movie in which I became emotionally invested with almost all of the characters, main and secondary.  The main story is one of fitting in yet it is even broken down into the intricacies of the interrelationships involved in trying to fit in.  The main character of Charlie, played by Logan Lerman, is a character who I felt like I had so much in common with, such as always feeling like he’s on the outside looking in, that deep inside he may be crazy, and the idea that he doesn’t deserve love.  The idea that “we only accept the love we feel we deserve” isn’t just felt by Charlie but is felt by all of the main, and some of the secondary, characters.  The emotions that I felt with this film reminded me of the way the film “Garden State” makes me feel to this day whenever I watch it.  I feel as though throughout all of film the characters that aren't the norm or the ones with peculiarities make for better character development which is something that this film has plenty of.   This mixture of incredible development and an intriguing story gives this film an enduring quality in that just about anyone can find a character to sympathize with.

No comments:

Post a Comment